Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Goldilocks and the Three Dinosaurs by Mo Willems

The 12th best picture book of 2012:


With 1355 votes, we're back to Mo Willems. Here we have Mo Willems choice of satire and an addition of a Norwegian dinosaur - I have no idea why he chose that country. The basis of this story is a twist on the classic tale.

The bad news is, my five year old missed a bit of the sarcasm. The good news is, he noticed that there was a picture frame with the notorious Mo Willems pigeon in one of the pages.

After that, I noticed that clever bastard did that in several spots.


As well as adding subtle hints at storyline:


Mo Willems has become my new Robert Munch. He's borderline genius. Yes, I like him that much.

When it comes to Goldilocks and the Three Dinosaurs?

Shut Up and Read It.

No comments:

Post a Comment