Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Once Upon a Readathon!

OnceUponAReadaThon Once Upon a Readathon: Mini Challenge 

So, since July 8th at midnight, I've been participating in the Once Upon a Read-a-Thon. Balancing Read-a-Thon's with 3-month-old babies isn't exactly an easy task, but I'd do anything for books! I managed to get about another 50 pages into: 

Elizabeth the Queen: The Life of a Modern Monarch

Which is a wonderful biography, but very heavy. Also, I got another 100 pages into 

The Lost Girls: Three Friends. Four Continents. One Unconventional Detour Around the World. 

Definitely a  book you want to pick up if you're in to travel. 

I skip around books a lot - I'm not sure why other than I like different sorts of stories, so today, my goal is to read parts of these:

Norse Jewel A Discovery of Witches (All Souls Trilogy, #1)Fifty Shades Darker (Fifty Shades, #2)Brooklyn Girls


In the meantime, IB Book Blogging is hosting a min-challenge for the Read-A-Thon. So, the challenge is written:

"Make your dream guy using characteristics, personalities, looks, and anything else you can think of from your favorite book boyfriends. For example, my dream guy would have Zachary’s accent from Shade by Jeri Smith-Ready, Cole’s smokin’ hot body from Alice in Zombieland, James’ protective instincts from The Program by Suzanne Young, Tod’s quirky personality from the Soul Screamers series by Rachel Vincent, and last but not least, a little bit of some aspect of Barrons thrown in for good measure from the Fever series by Karen Marie Moning. icon wink Once Upon a Readathon: Mini Challenge"

(Please note, that's an exact quote from the website.  You can read the rest of the post here.)

For my dream book boyfriend, what I'm going to need is ...

A dash of Ranger
"Full name: Ricardo Carlos Mañoso. Nickname: Ranger.
Second-generation Cuban-American. Was in Special Forces.
Height: 5'10". Large biceps, muscular neck.
Straight black hair, slicked into a ponytail."
- Quoted from this website.

I love his Spanish look. And his Special Forces background makes him pretty kick-ass. You can spend time with him in this series:

One for the Money (Stephanie Plum, #1)

Then I'm going to need a sprinkle of Jean-Claude. 
 Mostly, I just like his sense of humor and his mysterious nature. I'm not really into the vampire thing, mind you.

You can spend time with him in this series:

Guilty Pleasures (Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter, #1)
Then I need a smidgen of Kade.
Mostly, just because of his insane sex appeal.

You can spend time with him in this series:

Kissing Sin (Riley Jenson Guardian, #2) 

 And finally, a healthy cup of Jamie Fraser.
 I'm not sure what's not to love about Jamie. He is probably one of my favorite book-boyfriends created. Flawed, good-looking, funny, compassionate, strong, realistic.... 

You can spend time with him in this series...

Outlander (Outlander, #1)

Well, I have about 31.5 hours to go. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment