Sunday, June 23, 2013

Food in Jars: Preserving in Small Batches Year Round by Marisa McClellan

Coming in 5th place for 2012 Food and Cookbooks...

Food in Jars: Preserving in Small Batches Year-Round
Synopsis: Popular food blogger Marisa McClellan takes you through all manner of food in jars, storing away the tastes of all seasons for later. 

Recommend for: Canners, of course.

Hardcover / 240 Pages
Running Press
May 22, 2012 

Get Your Copy:
Hardcover
Kindle







I liked the look of this book. It was simple, clean and ascetically pleasing.  I got to be honest, canning is one of those things I have always sworn I was going to do and never accomplished.

The idea of storing little batches year around is a lot less daunting than the entire few days my grandmother would be seen next to her kitchen Island scrubbing fruits and swearing over accidental cuts or burns (in French, mind you). 

This book has some very good recipes for multiple foods. From sauces, to jams, to vegetables, to fruits. Perhaps, this is an unfair review because I never actually made any of these recipes. However, I am going to tell you, despite my actual commitment to trying them yet, that I was so pleased with the simplicity of this book, that I am planning on buying it as my go-to book for my future canning endeavors. That being said, since I've never actually canned before, I can't really recommend you buy it with sound mind - although the reviewers seem to like the recipes.

Therefore, when it comes to Food in Jars?

Buy It | Read It | Borrow It | Toss It | Burn It

No comments:

Post a Comment