Sunday, June 23, 2013

The Pioneer Woman Cooks: Food from My Frontier by Ree Drummond

In 1st place for 2012 Food and Cookbooks... 

The Pioneer Woman Cooks: Food from My Frontier
Synopsis: The Pioneer Woman Cooks: Food from My Frontier is a mouthwatering collection of the simple-but-scrumptious recipes that rotate through my kitchen on a regular basis.

Recommend for: People that want to witness a well set out cookbook.

Hardcover / 304 Pages
William Marrow Books
 March 13, 2012

Get your Copy: 
Hardcover











What just happened? I was so excited about this book. The cookbook has beautiful colors, is full of step-by-step colored photographs. It has wonderful ideas for foods. Chocolate mouse, coffee cake, strawberry shortcake, summer strir-fry, chicken tacos, etc. So, naturally, I added a whole bunch of recipes to our weekly menu and got cooking.

My boyfriend finally asked me to please return the book by the 4th day. It's not that her recipes were terrible. They were just... nothing that warranted her own cookbook. Coffeecake, chocolate mouse, shrimp stir-fry, those are all wonderful foods, but I can find better recipes with Google.

Unlike cookbooks like Looney Spoons or Websites like Moms Who Think, this was just generally a lot of build up towards a lack of a delivery.

The food was passable. No one was asking for seconds though.

When it comes to The Pioneer Woman Cooks?

Buy It | Read It | Borrow It | Toss It | Burn It

No comments:

Post a Comment