Monday, May 13, 2013

The Fault in Our Stars by John Green

And the winner of the best young adult fiction of 2012: 






The sheer volume of votes this novel got ahead of the others says a lot. 28.5 THOUSAND more than the 2nd place nominee.

It turns out that this book can be observed in two ways: Either as a piece of phenomenal written fiction with existentialist revolutions, or as a strong teen's novel.
 

Here's the reason I love John Green, these are the only novels I have come across that modern teens of today, written by a modern writer of today, can read and not be forced to believe in an unhealthy outlook on centering your life around your lover. John Green maintains the importance of family, shows the strength of love (even as teenagers), let's his characters make incorrect assumptions, and allows an intellectual teen to relate to someone. Finally, in my opinion.

Teens all over the world have been given heroines and heroes, as of late, that are strong, fast, and independent, but this is the first book I've read in YA that gives them a mentally strong character to cheer for. 


I might gush over this book, simply because this book is worth gushing over. As a mother myself, this is the type of literature I'd want my children to read.


 When it comes to The Fault in Our Stars?

Shut Up and Read It.

No comments:

Post a Comment